Dessert Foxed? 5 Speedy Sweet Treats You Can Make Right Now
Image by Jamieanne
If you’re looking for some quick, easy and tasty dessert recipes, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are five speedy sweet treats to tantalize your taste buds…
100g dark chocolate
300ml double cream
2 tbsp Amaretto
1 large egg white
1) Break chocolate into pieces.
2) Heat 200ml of cream in a saucepan until it comes to a boil, turn off heat and stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
3) Put the mixture into a bowl, then place that over a large bowl of iced water before adding the Amaretto and remaining cream.
4) Whisk the ingredients until smooth.
5) Whisk the egg white until the peaks stiffen, then add the sugar and continue to whisk.
6) Fold the meringue through the chocolate mixture and place into chilled serving glasses.
7) Sprinkle with chocolate shavings to finish.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mug Cake
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp chocolate chips
1) Melt the butter in a small dish, add the peanut butter and mix well.
2) In a mug, mix the vanilla, egg and sugar until combined.
3) Mix separately the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder; then add to the mug mixture.
4) Pour the butter and peanut butter mixture into the mug and mix well.
5) Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
7) Remove from microwave and enjoy!
Banana or Vanilla Pudding mix
1) Line a serving dish with a layer of vanilla wafers.
2) Add a layer of sliced bananas.
3) Mix the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
4) Cover with a layer of ½ the Cool Whip and pudding mixture.
5) Make a second layer of wafers, bananas and pudding mixture.
6) Top with toasted coconut and crushed vanilla wafers.
Black Forest Cake Smoothie
2 cups dairy free milk
1 cup mangoes
2 cups Black Forest fruits (frozen cherries, grapes, blackberries, blackcurrants)
1 cup Oats
½ cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup pecans
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Blend the ingredients in the listed order.
2) Repeat once or twice to achieve the desired consistency.
3) Add ice cubes to mixture and serve.
Marshmallow and Fruit Salad
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup coconut
1 cup drained pineapple chunks
1 cup drained mandarin orange
1 cup whipped topping
1) In a bowl, combine and stir the ingredients.
2) Serve and eat.
After slaving away on your main course and making a mess across the glass splashbacks of your kitchens, there’s nothing more appealing than a quick and simple dessert to top your meal off.
So why not try your hand at these speedy recipes and whip up a wickedly fast treat for your family and friends?
Naomi Clark is an English and Journalism graduate who loves blogging and all things creative. She specialises in women’s lifestyle and the Arts. She writes for Loveglass.